The Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer has been one of the finest deep fryers I have ever reviewed. It provides some very special features that I have not seen in any deep fryer in my house. It comes at a fairly high price, though. This model holds almost four liters of oil, but the container is on the smaller side.
The Breville BDF500XL is a popular medium-sized deep fryer. This involves a smart unit that controls temperatures and timers automatically depending on what you choose to prepare. It also provides a rather elegant exterior style of stainless steel. Without further ado, let us delve deeper into the review of the Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer. I will list the features, pros, cons as well as what I think about the product. Keep reading to find out more!
Breville is well known for making nothing but high-quality goods. The Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer is in accordance with this description. But, you can only cook up to 2.3 pounds of food at once, which is equal to five portions of chicken. But, with a little experimenting with temperatures and times, I was able to reach a perfect balance with the Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer.
I fancy the look, size, and simplicity of use that this fryer has to offer. I have used it a few times and I find it maintains the temperature of the frying solid all the way through the cooking. The machine was easy to maintain and easy to operate due to the folding basket.
The Breville Smart Fryer is not complicated to use, but it has a period of adjustment. Presets are intended to make it easy to cook, but you need to get used to the buttons. You use the button to toggle through and pick the timer and thermostat from the default menu. This model contains an on-light indicator that tells you exactly when the fryer is ready to use. Check out all the seven cooking presets the one-touch settings come with. I will list them here!
- Twice Fried Fries
Sadly, the fryer’s observation windows clouded up instantly, so I couldn’t see the food within. Also, it was harder to clean the Breville Smart Fryer than any other brand. It does not have an oil drain, a filtration device, or a tank in which to preserve used oil.
However, if you love fried meats, vegetables, etc., you will enjoy cooking with this Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer. I use mine, and I enjoy deep frying with it. A few reviewers have reported issues over time. I have just had it for a couple of months. I have used it many times, and I don’t see any signs of difficulty or cause for worry.
That being said, for its cost, I would have preferred some kind of filtering system with the Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer to make it more comfortable for the owner. Also, when people buy a Breville product, their aspirations are high, and not everyone was absolutely impressed with this design.
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 10.4 x 11.4 inches
- Item weight: 8.6 Pounds
- Power / Wattage: 1800 Watts
- Oil capacity: 3.8 liters
- Voltage: 110 – 120 Volts
- A stainless steel frying basket
- 4-quart oil capacity
- 2.5-pound frying basket capacity
- Electronic thermostat
- Cool Zone Technology
- Simple cleaning: Farewell to the cap of the oil splatter and the container designed to collect the splatter and direct the oil back within. The disposable vessel may be inserted into the dishwasher for quick washing.
- Setting (Fresh and Frozen): Choose fresh or frozen to get the precise time for whatever you decide to cook.
- Cool Zone Technology: The powerful 3000 W heating element mirrors heat upwards. It produces a cool protection zone below which traps oil and food debris. It also keeps the cooking zone cleaner, prevents excess smoking, and prolongs oil life.
- Digital LCD Monitor: Incredibly simple LCD displays menu items with automated time and temperature adjustments. It showcases the temperature of the oil during cooking and a countdown timer.
The system comes with a few rough points, as some have said in their Amazon reviews. It was not a concern for me though.
- Limited Space for Frying: You’re definitely not going to be able to cook a whole chicken in this little fryer, so you are not going to be able to fry a few bits at a time. If you have a large extended family, this may not be the frier for you.
- High Price: The cost of the Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer is higher than the other models you can find online.
- Magnetic Cord: I would say that the cord is short. The magnetic link can be removed by a small movement or an angular positioning. But almost all (if not all) of the latest fryers come with this functionality. It is for safety purposes, and it’s known and valued. It is not a massive issue until you get used to it.
If you are interested in buying the system, check out the Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Breville-BDF500XL-Smart-Fryer/
In conclusion, Breville could have been able to do more between its magnetic cord and higher demands on its inner surface. All in all, this is expected to be a great fryer for one or two people. Also with three or four people involved, you can need to put two batches based on what you are attempting to deep fry. I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Let me know your thoughts and questions in the comments section below!